The National Publicity Secretary of the All-Progressive Congress, Felix Morka, said in an interview on Thursday that 28 aspirants have picked the party’s presidential form, another 133 purchased the governorship forms, and 351 candidates picked the Senatorial forms.
By the numbers
The party sold the presidential nomination form for N100 million, the governorship form for N50 million and the Senatorial form for N20 million.
- This means that the ruling party generated N2.8 billion from the 28 registered presidential aspirants. Although as at the time of the report, only 25 candidates had submitted the forms.
- For the 133 governorship candidates, the party generated N6.65 billion.
- The 351 senatorial aspirants generated for the party N7.02 billion.
- In total, APC generated N16.47 billion from the 512 aspirants vying to be the party’s flag bearer in the 2023 general elections. These statistics are according to the APC’s National Publicity Secretary.
What you should know
- APC’s special convention and presidential primaries would be held on May 29th and 30th 2022, respectively.
- The party also rescheduled the House of Representatives and Governorship primaries to Thursday, May 26th, 2022.