The terrorist who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna railway on March 28th 2022 have released photos of their kidnapped victims online.
Driving the news
The terrorists released two slides of photos, with the first showing 17 men and the other showing a mix of 18 women and 5 children in an unidentifiable environment.
In case you missed it
- Terrorist attacked a train carrying 362 passengers in the northern part of Nigeria. The unknown group abducted 168 passengers, while killing 8 people.
- Two weeks ago, the terrorist released a video threatening to kill the remaining abducted passengers if the federal government didn’t meet its demands.
Why it matters
The Nigerian government has not officially accepted or denied talks with the terrorist group in view of a moral ethics binding it.
- A further delay by the government in meeting the demands of the terrorist could result in the execution of the abductees.
- On the other hand, other terrorist organizations in the country could interpret as a free pass for violent crimes in Nigeria if the government yields to the terrorist demands.
What they are saying
- The chairman of the forum of the abductees’ families, Abdulfatai Jimoh, confirmed the authenticity of the few pictures to news outlets.
- Reports also say that the kidnappers are in contact with the different families of the victims requesting for a ransom ranging from N5 million to N100 million.
- There are also reports that the terrorists are demanding the release of 16 of its captured top commanders.
- The federal government says it is working to ensure the safe return of the victims.