Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari has presented a seven-man ministerial nominees list to the Nigerian Senate for confirmation as Ministers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Driving the news
The President listed the nominees in a confirmatory request letter to the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan. The senate president then read this letter at the start of Tuesday’s plenary.
- The nominees for confirmation include Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State; Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State; Ekumankama Joseph Nkama- Ebonyi State; and Goodluck Nana Opiah – Imo State.
- Others are Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State; Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State; and Odum Odi – Rivers State.
In case you missed it
- President Muhammadu Buhari ordered all the ministers with political ambitions in the 2023 general elections to resign from the cabinet.
- This directive triggered the resignation of some ministers, including Rotimi Amaechi, Godswill Akpabio, Ogbonnaya Onu, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba and many others.
- Other ministers, including the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, dumped their political ambition to retain his position as a minister.