The terrorists responsible for the attack on the passengers of the AK9 Abuja-Kaduna train in March 2022 have released a fresh video of the victims begging for the federal government’s intervention.
What they are saying
In the video, Sadiq Ango Abdullahi, son of the Chairman of Northern Elders Forum, NEF, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, begged for the federal government to come to their aid seeing they have been with the kidnappers for 62 days.
- Another victim named Gladys, who claimed to be a law school classmate of Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, also begged for the government’s intervention as the health condition of her sickle cell son continues to deteriorate.
- One of the terrorists spoke, saying “the government could either listen to the captives or abandon them.”
In case you missed it
- Terrorist attacked a train carrying 362 passengers in the northern part of Nigeria. The unknown group abducted 168 passengers, while killing 9 people and injuring many others.
- Last month, the terrorist released a video threatening to kill the remaining abducted passengers if the federal government didn’t meet its demands.
State of play
The Nigerian government has not officially accepted or denied talks with the terrorist group in view of a moral ethics binding it.
- On one hand, a further delay by the government in meeting the demands of the terrorist could result in the death of the abductees.
- On the other hand, other terrorist organizations in the country could interpret as a free pass for violent crimes in Nigeria if the government yields to the terrorist demands.