Malam Tukur Mamu, one of the pronounced negotiators and Media Consultants to an Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has disclosed that the terrorists who attacked the passengers traveling Abuja-Kaduna railway back in March have shot one of the victims in their custody.
Driving the news
Malam Tukur Mamu named the victim Mohammed Al’Amin, as one of the remaining 50 victims in the custody of the terrorists. According to the negotiators report, the incident occurred during “friendly exchanges of fire at the forest between the abductors that are guarding the victims and preventing them from possible escape.”
In case you missed it
- On the evening of March 28th, bandits attacked a passenger train carrying 362 people along the Abuja-Kaduna rail track in Northern Nigeria.
- Reports say that in this attack, bandits abducted 61 people while killing 8 passengers and injuring others. This attack also damaged the train and rail tracks of the Abuja-Kaduna rail line.
- Two weeks ago, the terrorists released 11 of the 61 passengers in their custody.
- Since that time, the federal government of Nigeria has improved the rail lines infrastructure, passed extra measures to avoid the repetition of such sad events and beefed-up security at the several train stations all over the country.
What they are saying
Mamu stated that Mohammed Al’Amin, the shot victim, was still alive, but he was wounded badly and needed medical attention. He added that the terrorists said they wouldn’t release any of the victims except the federal government attended to their needs.
- He further added that the terrorist said the government should be responsible if more harm befell the captives.
- Mamu believes that the kidnappers could have shot at the victim to force the federal government to grant their terms.