Apple at its unveiling event last night announced the launch of 8 new products including iPhones, AirPods and Apple Watches. The products unveiled were the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, Apple Watch Ultra, New AirPods Pro, Apple Watch Series 8 and Apple Watch SE.
New features of the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus
As with Apple’s yearly event, the iPhones took center stage, in this context, the iPhone 14 and fellow series. The new features associated with the iPhone 14 which costs $799 (AU$1,399) and the iPhone 14 Plus priced at $899 (AU$1,579), include:
A 6.1-inch OLED display for the iPhone 14- and 6.7-inch OLED display for the iPhone 14 Plus. This means that the mini-series which ran for two years has ended.
- A longer battery life than all the existing iPhones.
- An emergency connection to a satellite when the user is out of cellular reach.
- An eSim that can support multiple phone numbers, eliminating a physical SIM card tray.
- A crash detection features similar to the new Apple Watch 8.
- An improvement to videoing by advancing stabilization mode. The new action mode, when toggled on, can aid a smooth video.
- The new 12MP main camera which has a bigger sensor (1.9 microns and 49% low-light) improvement. Also, the front camera is 12MP with faster f/1.9, autofocus for the first time and better low light.
- An A15 Bionic chip that gives a 5-core GPU for 18% faster performance.
The iPhone 14 Pro with a 6.1 – inch screen will cost $999 and the bigger model would cost $1099. Apple designed a smaller cutout called “a dynamic island” just by the front camera, which can expand the device’s screen by displaying notifications. The iPhone 14 Pro also has a 48-megapixel camera.
What you should know
The new iPhone 14 has a release date of September 16, while pre-orders start from September 9. The iPhone 14 Plus goes on sale on the 7th of October 2022.